What is IPSS?
The International Pediatric Simulation Society (IPSS) is dedicated entirely to pediatric, perinatal and associated health care providers and organizations utilizing simulation-based education to improve care and safety for children..
IPSS Guiding Principle
- We recognize that caring for infants, children and their families represents a field of medicine with unique physiology, language and culture; consequently pediatric simulation-based education carries equivalent nuances and qualities.
IPSS Mission Statement
- To promote and support multi-disciplinary simulation-based education, training and research among all subspecialties focused on the unique nature and needs of caring for the pediatric and perinatal patient and family.
7 Core Goals
- To foster innovation in pediatric simulation-based education aimed at promoting excellence in pediatric and perinatal care wherever it is delivered.
- To create, grow and maintain an international pediatric simulation community.
- To support and promote multidisciplinary team training and delivery of care to infants, children and their families.
- To support and promote patient safety through simulation-based training, education and research tailored to pediatric/perinatal health care environments.
- To promote high quality pediatric simulation research.
- To advocate internationally for pediatric simulation (technology, funding and legislation, public policy).
- To collaborate with professional and simulation societies having common goals for the benefit of patient safety and care delivered to children